Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Linds and Kate Come to Play: Part I

Wow, am I behind on blogging? Why, yes I am. This summer has been so fun and so busy; I've loved every minute of it. But since we've stayed so busy the task of blogging has been a bit overwhelming. But since I use this blog as a journal of sorts, I want to get everything on here. So I have vowed not to browse any other blogs until I am caught up with my own. We'll see how it goes...

Lindsay and Katelyn were here visiting from Chicago for about four weeks in June/July. I had to work during the week so I drove down on the weekends so I could spend as much time as I could with the fam. We had so much fun! In fact, the fun is too much to blog about all at once. So I'm breaking it up. Here's a recap of the first weekend:

Weekend #1: June 11-13


Photobucket

1. Friday night we went to dinner with Jill and Nada at Guadalajara. Yum!
2. Kate thought the bean dip was bowl-lickin' good.
3. Syd, Linds, Momma, and Me
4. Mom ordered the steak. Little did she know they whole cow was included.
5. Funny story: I can't remember exactly what happened, but somehow Sydney was startled by something (someone loud behind her?). She was holding her ice water when it happened and ended up knocking a whole bunch of ice water into Bryan's plate!
6. Syd and Linds helping Bryan pick the ice out of his food (way to go Syd!)
7. Me and Kate
8. After Guadalajara, we went back to the house to play games. There's a video posted below where Kate is begging Lindsay for some ice cream. This pic shows who won that argument.
9. Playing "Five Crowns"
10. Kate kept getting in trouble for saying the "S" word (P.S. I did not teach it to her!) Lindsay said "Hell" while we were playing Five Crowns. So Kate put her in Time-Out! She made her go sit on the kitchen floor with her hood on. It was really funny.
11. Lindsay in Time-Out :)
12. Zac and Rex.

Photobucket

13. On Saturday we invited a bunch of family over for Soup Night. I made Zuppa Toscana (the sausage and potato soup from Olive Garden) and Lora made another one that I still need to get the recipe for. Super good food and super good times.
14. Kate enjoying her soup.
15. Jamie and Zac
16. Kate.
17. Zac, Kate, and Jamie playing taxi. Kate has such an imagination. She'll want you to "drive" her to all sorts of places.
18. Jill and Nada. It's not a proper family get-together without games. Tonight: Dominoes!
19. Lindsay.
20. Kate climbing into the fridge all by herself for who knows what.
21. Little stinkpot. Good things she's cute :)
22. Sam surprised us by coming home for the weekend!
23. And of course he brought Guitar Hero with him (I think it may be attached to his hip).
24. By this point Kate was exhausted, but had to stay up and be part of all the action. She'd beat her little drum-sticks while they were playing Guitar Hero, looking so tired.

Photobucket

25. Kate and Stacey swinging.
26. Kate loved having a friend to play with.
27. Grandma loved have TWO grandbabies to play with.
28. Guitar Hero.
29. Rock on Kate.
30. Cheesers.
31. Kate was pretending to wash and style Grandma's hair (see video below). I'm sure she's seen her mom do that a few times :)
32. TWO binkies. Because apparently one just isn't enough.


Very fun weekend! And for those who are interested I posted a few videos below:

"Ice Cream PLEASE!"



"READY! 1, 2!"



"Miss Mary Mack"



"No Running!"



"Kate Running around the Table"
(At first, she was only dancing right by our table; she even got some of the other diners to dance with her. But then it turned into running around all of the tables)



"I Want to Go Outside!"
(This one is just funny because she is usually so happy and spunky. Boy, did she throw a fit when Grandma wouldn't let her go outside!)



"Styling Grandma's Hair"

No comments: