Monday, April 27, 2009

Haircut, Temple, Chili's, Sad Goodbye, and a Play

So we've had a busy weekend! First off, on Friday I chopped off my hair; I should have taken some pictures because I think she took off a good 10 inches or so. I was debating whether to go short or keep it long, blonde or brown, etc. I ended up with short and mostly blonde. I loved it the first day when Cassie styled it for me, but now I'm struggling to do it like she did. Hopefully I'll figure it out.

On Saturday Brandt and I went to Twin with my family to be with Sammy as he went through the temple. Sam had asked Brandt to be one of his escorts. I had never been to the Twin Falls temple before so it was a neat experience. It was good to see so many members of my family there. Afterwards we all went to Chili's for dinner (p.s. the mushroom burger is divine).

Next it was time to say goodbye to my love. Brandt is driving out to New York to work for the summer installing for APX security systems. He'll fly back in two weeks for graduation and Sam's farewell, and then I won't see him again until after my board exams in June. Sad deal, but we'll be ok; he's currently still driving across the country - maybe he'll blog about his experiences when he gets there; so far his adventure has been intense!

After that, my mom and I went to Sydney's play. She played Snore in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Good job Syd! All in all it was a good weekend. Now it's back to the grind of school. One more week of projects, papers, etc. and I will be free! Woot Woot!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your hair is really cute. I love all the pics....but it also makes me sad cause I wasn't there :( See you soon though.

Unknown said...

Dani! I love, love your hair! And, I'm sorry you have to be alone so long. Are you moving out to New York with Brandt when you're all done?
I miss you guys.
Thanks for blogging!

Ryan and Leah said...

Hey! Sounds like an eventful week! Good luck with Brandt being gone, I know how you feel! Hope you are well!

Scott and Kel said...

Your hair is super cute!! I wish we lived in the same town and that our hubbies were gone at the same time. Imagine how sick of me you would have been then?? It really does go faster than you think, but hang in there and call me if you want to meet in IF any time ok??