I love four-day weekends! They're the best. Brandt and I were able to spend a lot of time with the fam in Burley. Our weekend was jam-packed. We:
- Watched Zach graduate from High School
- Took Rex for lots of walks
- Watched "Emperor's New Groove" (classic movie - tons of good movie quotes)
- Played Halo (not so fun for me, but the boys enjoyed it),
- Went to the new "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie (LOVED it!)
- Got together with the extended family to play volleyball at the church, Dominoes, and Guesstures
- Put flowers on the graves
- And ate more sweets in four days than I have this entire year. Honestly, I'm surprised I'm not a full-blown diabetic after this weekend.
Congrats Zach! I can't believe my baby brother is all grown up and leaving the nest. It makes me feel old. I don't like feeling old. Anywho, at the beginning of the graduation, their class performed a "flash mob" routine to Black Eyed Peas' "I've got a Feeling". It was the coolest thing ever! Everyone was so surprised; when the song started playing I thought it was a mix-up with the sound system. Then a couple of students started dancing; I figured they were just being silly. And then the WHOLE class got up and started dancing. It was really cool.
Brandt and I took Rex for lots of walks while we were there. It was a matter of life and death. This dog is FAT. And I mean F.A.T. He is a bear. My mom took him to the vet last week thinking that maybe he had a thyroid problem, but nope, he's just fat. 140.5 pounds to be exact. The vet said he was the biggest lab he's ever seen. He is now on a strict diet and exercise plan in hopes to lose 25-40 pounds. So here is a 'before' shot - and hopefully in a few months we can share a successful 'after' shot. Good luck Rex!!
We went to the cemetery on Sunday this year. For some reason, we always have to take a picture with the Jesus statue - one of those weird family things I guess. I remember as a kid being so excited to go see Jesus; it was the highlight of going to the cemetery on Memorial Day every year. We would patiently wait while our parents put flowers on the graves and then we would all walk to the other side of the cemetery just so we could see Jesus.
It was a great weekend and we can't wait for the next family get-together.

2 comments:
dani, your hair is getting so long! it looks like a fun weekend. i heard about and watched that video of the graduation flash mob...what a fun idea! hope you guys are doing well!
Love that video...good family times that I'm sad I missed...Loved all the pics!
Post a Comment