
The Lost Symbol
By Dan Brown
I Absolutely LOVED this
book! It's been awhile since I've read a book that I just couldn't put down and was this excited about. This was one of my Christmas presents and I was so excited to start reading it. However, I had to wait a few days because when I was at work one day, Brandt got bored and started reading it, and even he couldn't put it down.
This is Brown's third book using symbologist Robert Langdon; this time it's through the streets of Washington D.C. with tons of masonic legend and history to go along. There is a huge twister in the plot that left my head spinning - I never saw it coming (Brandt did, but he's a smarty pants). How does Dan Brown come up with this stuff?! What an amazing storyteller - definitely one of the best. Usually Brandt and I aren't in to the same books, so it was fun after I got done reading it to discuss it with him; this book definitely gives you a lot to ponder. I wouldn't say the book is perfect (I don't know if there is such a thing), there were definitely some things when I got done reading that didn't quite add up, but nonetheless a great story. I give it five stars and a MUST read!
Next Projects: Ford County by John Grisham (another Christmas present - Thanks Jill!)
and The Shack by William P. Young (audiobook)
This is Brown's third book using symbologist Robert Langdon; this time it's through the streets of Washington D.C. with tons of masonic legend and history to go along. There is a huge twister in the plot that left my head spinning - I never saw it coming (Brandt did, but he's a smarty pants). How does Dan Brown come up with this stuff?! What an amazing storyteller - definitely one of the best. Usually Brandt and I aren't in to the same books, so it was fun after I got done reading it to discuss it with him; this book definitely gives you a lot to ponder. I wouldn't say the book is perfect (I don't know if there is such a thing), there were definitely some things when I got done reading that didn't quite add up, but nonetheless a great story. I give it five stars and a MUST read!
Next Projects: Ford County by John Grisham (another Christmas present - Thanks Jill!)
and The Shack by William P. Young (audiobook)
4 comments:
I have heard of this one! I will have to read it now!
Hi Brandt and Dani! I really want to read that book, as I've really liked all of his others. Just a warning about The Shack -- I've heard, from everyone that has read it, that you either love it or hate it. I heard you should just keep reading, even when it gets really weird.
Hope all is well!
Happy birthday, Brandt!
Hope you have a great day!
Cason asked for this for Christmas too-he can't put it down either! He's having a hard time finishing it though because he is so busy! I think he has like 50 pages left-and then for sure I am going to read it! I love Dan Brown books! Isn't he like so crazy intelligent?!
Post a Comment