Tuesday, July 10, 2012

9x9 July


1. Watching morning cartoons. We like Curious George.
2. I lost my debit card at Wendy's about a week ago. Bummer deal since the majority of our bills are set up with auto-pay using that card. My new card came today so I spent the morning switching everything over. Good times.
3. Lately Jack has been somewhat of a momma's boy despite my attempts to keep him neutral. He isn't content with just sitting next to me, but wants to climb up into my lap, which is either cute or occasionally annoying depending on the situation.
4. My boy loves giving kisses! I doubt he knows that's what he's doing (it's more like chewing on your face), but I love it all the same.
5. Leftover breakfast burritos for dinner? Yes, please!
6. Someone was too burned out to make it through dinner. P.S. I think Jack needs a haircut...either that or I need help figuring out how to style his wispy thin hair. It's a little out of control.
7. My little helper. He loves watching the washer and dryer do their thang. Like father, like son I guess!
8. After five loads, we finally got all the laundry done! Now if it could only put itself away...
9. I watched "Antiques Roadshow" while I fed Jack and got him ready for bed. That show is full of interesting tidbits! Here's a useless, but still interesting, morsel about wrist watches (at least I found it interesting...you may disagree). In the early 1900's, it was unfashionable to wear a wrist watch. A true gentlemen carried a pocket watch. But when World War I broke out, the men in the trenches needed a more practical way to keep time that would allow them to operate their weapons at the same time. Hence, wrist watches surged in popularity and pocket watches were phased out. This particular military wrist watch is from 1915 - original price was $4.50. Today, it is valued at $1000 (which seemed low to me, but what do I know). Anywho, there's an interesting little tidbit you can throw out for some dinner conversation. You're welcome :)

2 comments:

Cason and Katie Jo Chambers said...

That totally stinks about losing your debit card... What a pain! Cute kissy pics!

Scott Family said...

Ok Dani...you are a blogging pro. I love the concept of blogging, but it's such a dread for me to do it because I don't know how to do anything. How in the world do you do the 9x9's?