Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving

One of the many joys of being on maternity leave and your husband being unemployed: you get to do anything you want. Ok...maybe not anything, but you definitely have more freedom as far as time off for the holidays. I remember when we were first married and we both were working retail, we'd only get to go home for a day or two for Thanksgiving. This year, we were able to spend SIX days in glorious B-Town with our families. And it was so fun. We didn't do anything really blog-worthy; nothing that would stand out as particularly interesting, but for us it was great. I got to go see "Breaking Dawn" with my mom and sister which was fun. Of course, like 90% of the female population, I was very excited to go see this movie, and other than there being way more sex and nudity than I thought was necessary, I thought it was pretty good. Brandt got to spend lots of time helping my brothers save the world via XBOX 360 - and we all appreciate their efforts. Jack was spoiled by both his grandmas as usual. Over at the Hines' household, Brandt helped his dad set up the Christmas village and it was nice to see his sisters and their families as well. We even had time on Saturday to get together for lunch with most of our friends from high school; it had been over a year since we'd seen them so it was great to catch up. Of course everywhere we went, Jack was the star of the show. Brandt and I probably could have dropped him off and gone home ourselves and nobody would have noticed :)
Jack taking a nap with Grandpa Hines
Good-looking Hines Men
Jack, Kaden, and Kimball
Jack and Sammy saving the world
Saying goodbye - I'm not sure which one of them was more sad

1 comment:

Scott and Kel said...

Ok Dani--6 days and no Moulton visit?? You only get excused when it's 3 days or less you know! I'm glad you guys had fun tho and such a cute baby!! Can't wait to meet him! Hope to see you over Christmas!!