I'm pretty sure ever since Brandt and I have been married we've always spent New Year's Eve with the Hines' because that's when his sister, Allison, and her family make it up to Burley. So after all of the festivities with my family we hopped on over to Brandt's family and spent a few days with them. When we got there, Allison's three boys were the only ones there; somehow we missed the memo that the adults were going to a movie. It was all good though, we just hung out with the kiddos for a couple of hours until they got back. We had lots of fun hanging out and being with family. We played a lot of "Minute to Win it" games, as seen in some of the pics posted below (except for bro-in-law Tyler in the upper right hand corner pic - that's just how he likes to eat his chocolate :) ha! I kid, I kid...
On New Year's Eve we opened presents! Brandt got a fun little helicopter from his mom, and I'm mildly surprised it still works for how many times he's crashed that thing into the wall. Allison and her family had our name this year in the sibling gift exchange and we got the coolest iPod docking station. We've been wanting one for awhile now so that was a nice surprise. Grandma Hines came over for a scrumptious dinner, Brandt and I played "Settler's of Catan" for the first time (and really liked it - though we lost miserably), and we actually stayed up until midnight to ring in the new year! (and I was in bed, sound asleep by about 12:10). The next morning we got to see the Moulton's for a bit and have breakfast with them. It was great to see them. Then before heading home we went over and visited Grandma and Grandpa Manning for a bit before heading home. Grandpa Manning hasn't been doing very well, but while we were there he looked pretty good and even gave us a few smiles.
It was great to see everyone and spend time with the fam. Brandt and I are so blessed to have two great families the love and support us and are just so much fun to be around. Thanks for the good times everyone!

2 comments:
We love Settler's too! We shoule play it sometime together! p.s. We missed you at New Year's, but glad you got to see Brandt's fam.
Yay...we are so glad you came to see us!!! Now it's our turn :) Let us know if you make it to town again before that happens.
Post a Comment