Happy New Year! Does anyone else think 2010 just FLEW by? I can't believe it's 2011 already - I feel old. As we all nurse our hangovers (that sparkling cider last night sure had some kick to it :), Brandt and I have been contemplating some goals we would like to accomplish this year. I haven't set New Year's Resolutions for a few years now because I never accomplished them - so I figured if you don't set them in the first place, then you don't have to be disappointed with yourself when it doesn't work out. Makes sense right? Well, this year, I'm going to try again, and Brandt is going to help me. There are a couple of things we'd like to accomplish, and maybe by putting them out in the blogosphere, we will be more accountable and work harder to "get 'er done". So here we go- one spiritual resolution and one physical resolution for the year 2011:
1. Attend the temple every other week. Yes, this is a lofty goal for us. Our goal previously has always been to get there once a month, but lately we've been a bit lax on that. Our stake has really been pushing temple attendance lately and in our recent Stake Conference, our stake president talked solely on temple worthiness and attendance in his talk for the Saturday evening session. He promised "you will overcome all things as you worthily attend the temple." He went on to say that even parents with young children can get to the temple at least once a month. And then, he said that for those of you with less demands for your time (and I swear he looked right at me and Brandt), you should be attending much more often than that.
I know we receive blessings from attending the temple, so it will be good for us to try and get there more often than we have been. So there you have it. Every other week we will be in the temple. At least that's the goal...wish us luck!
2. Go to the Gym at least three times every week. We were really good about getting there regularly for the first month or so after we joined Gold's, but lately we've fallen off the wagon. We've become "once-a-weekers" for the last several weeks. Since we're paying our weight in gold (no pun intended) for this membership, we need to be better about using it. Plus we need to get rid of our muffin tops. Brandt's original goal was to work out six days a week, but I laughed at him and cut it in half - three days a week is more reasonable don't you think? At least that's the goal...wish us luck!
So there are the House of Hines' New Year's Resolutions. Happy 2011 everybody! What are your resolutions for the New Year?


5 comments:
Good resolutions! I better make those mine too!
I am proud of you guys. Those are such great goals. Mine well lets see. Do four sessions in the temple every month. So two every two weeks or one every week. More meaningful prayers and scripture reading and FHE. Be a better Mother, wife, sister and friend. Lose weight, eat more healthy. I even put in a upper body sculpting cd this morning but got so discouraged I thought they said upper body then why were you using our legs so much? Dang knee. I burst into tears. Get more organized. Keep a cleaner house. Well here is to number one day of failure. I will keep going the day is not over. Love and miss you guys. Mom
p.s. Thanx for all your help this Holiday season with my knee and all.
Those sound pretty good to me!I have lots of things I want to work on too...p.s. It was fun to see you guys too!
you guys are so good and set a good example for us. I'll say that ours are almost the same. But the gym! NOT we'll hit old the elip it is more our speed. Love you we realy injoyed seeing you over the holidays, Mom and Dad
Good goals! Good luck to you.
Post a Comment