I made it back from Chicago last night safe and sound. It was a great vacation and I had so much fun! Tonight I was sorting through all of the pictures I took while I was there and figured out it may be awhile before I'm ready to post about my trip. So in the meantime I thought we could play a little game!
Lindsay and I drove around a Chicago suburb on one of the days just to look at all the pretty houses (I'll post more about that later). Pretty houses are in abundance there so we had a lot of fun. Here is a picture I took of one of the pretty houses we saw:
The game is simple: all you have to do is be the first to figure out the significance of this pretty house and leave a comment telling me your guess. Simple enough right? Oh, here are the rules:
- Certain people cannot play the game: namely Lindsay, Momma Bev, Brandt, and anyone else who has already heard the significance of this pretty house.
- Don't cheat and look at other people's comments. Or change your mind based on what other people guessed.
- Even if someone else has already left a comment with their guess (even if it's the same as yours), don't be intimidated, the more comments the better!
- Whoever answers correctly first will be declared the WINNER!
- If you rack your brain for hours on end and lose sleep over this and still can't come up with the answer, make a guess - because if no one comes up with the right answer whoever leaves the funniest or most creative guess will be declared the WINNER!!
- This game will close whenever I feel like closing it, or whenever I come up with something more interesting to post. Let's plan on a week or so.
- If you are struggling, going crazy, and pulling your hair out trying to come up with the answer then leave me a comment and tell me I'm amazing and maybe I'll post some clues later in the week.
You're probably wondering what the winner gets? There has to be a prize right? Otherwise, there's no point. Well, I will write the winner's name in BIG, BOLD, COLORFUL letters on my blog, shout praises to their name, and name them king/queen for the day. Sounds like a good prize right?
Ok! Good luck and let the game begin!
**EDIT: I figured out that you can "hide" comments from view, so you shouldn't be able to see other people's comments. Let's see if it works...don't worry, I'll make them all public when the game is over.
**EDIT: I figured out that you can "hide" comments from view, so you shouldn't be able to see other people's comments. Let's see if it works...don't worry, I'll make them all public when the game is over.
14 comments:
There's no significance cause it doesn't have a basketball hoop above the garage door. :) Psh I don't know. My guess is that it has a lot of windows.
looks like the house from Home Alone...Maybe?!?
Former Obama residence?
Darn I wish I could play. I want you to praise me and write my name in colorful letters!
i say something having to do with obama -- his house or seomthing?
It's the house from the Home Alone movies! :)
It looks like the Home Alone house. Am I right?! I have GOT to be right!!
Okay- it was really bugging me so I just looked it up- I AM RIGHT!!! HAHAHAHA!!! I WIN I WIN I WIN!!!!
Hey! I have NO idea what the significance is of the beautiful house, but it sure is beautiful! Sorry... that's probably not as exciting of a response as you were hoping for. I wanted to tell you that my blog should be up and running again. It's been FOREVER, but I finally updated it! Phew! And you can tell Brandt that I thought his pumpkin was pretty awesome!
This house was used as a mortuary!! :) Do I win?? I want Swedish Fish if I win yo!!!
♥Syd
Is it the Home Alone house????
so i commented the other day, but apparently it didn't like it. but i guess something to do with pres. obama.
The McCallister's house in Home Alone!!!!!!!!
I know the Chicago is known for its architecture Did'nt Frank Lloyd Wright go to school or has a school there? Mom
Post a Comment