Monday, April 12, 2010

March 31

My birthday was the last day in March, so amidst all our packing and cleaning we took a break to celebrate. Birthdays aren't quite the same as when you were a little kid...it mostly just feels like any other day, with maybe a tich of depression for being another year older. Granted, I know 24 isn't old, but it sure feels like it! We had a "party" at work (though the festivities weren't necessarily for me...it still made the day different from all the rest :) and Brandt did a good job with the presents! I actually wasn't expecting to get anything this year since we were so busy with moving - but Brandt came through for me! My favorite present: "A Goofy Movie!" I LOVE this movie! It was one of my family's favorites when we were kids and Brandt found it on DVD! Thanks Babe!


That night we were also celebrating Brandt getting done with a tough semester. He did so well and ended up with awesome grades. I had been trying to think of something to surprise him with for being so dedicated and remembered that "The Blind Side" was coming out on DVD - so I bought it on Amazon because they had a deal where if you bought it online, they would ship it to you early so you would receive it on the day it was released (March 23rd in this case) and since we qualified for free shipping, I figured for the same price that would save me a trip to Wal Mart to pick it up. Well, it finally arrived 8 DAYS LATE. I was checking the mail every day and trying to talk Brandt out of forwarding our mail to IF just yet without telling him why...it was ridiculous. Thanks a bunch Amazon, geez. But it finally got here and we LOVED it! I think we were the last ones on the planet to see this one - but it was great. We enjoyed the movie with some fabulous Grecian Key gyros and fries (YUM!) for one last time :( That's one thing we're definitely going to miss about Poky - Grecian Key. Maybe we'll see if we can talk them into opening one here in IF.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I still haven't seen that movie so maybe I'm the last one who hasn't seen it.

Unknown said...

i'm glad to hear you did a little celebrating for your birthday. and yes, the blind side is a must-see, i say. one of the best movies i've seen in a while. and, for some odd reason, i knew that you liked the goofy movie. funny.

Mike and Kaci said...

Happy Birthday! That is so funny that you guys love the Grecian Key. Mike and I went a while back and well... it was a blog worthy experience! :) Lets just say that we are both EXTREMELY grateful that we aren't Greek! :)

Jill said...

Haha i like the Goofy Movie! Glad you had a good birthday!

Cason and Katie Jo Chambers said...

What?! You already moved? I am certainly out of the loop... But I am glad to hear you are still alive!! I was wondering how you were! Happy Happy Birthday you old lady! :) I agree-Grecian Key is delicious!! Try Tom's in Idaho Falls-they have a pretty good gyro.

Lindsay said...

I haven't seen it either. I know...lame! You'll find another greek place to hang out at. Gyros are usually the same everywhere you go. They're super yummy! Happy Birthday and congrats Brandt on the end of the semester!