Friday, May 15, 2009

Book Review: Wicked

Wicked
By Gregory Maguire
I always try to finish a book. Even if it's not that interesting, I'll still finish it just so I can say I've read it all the way through. That was impossible with Wicked. I bought it during spring break when Brandt and I were at the airport so I would have something to read while we waited. I have heard such good things about the play and have really wanted to see it so I thought the book would be pretty good as well. It's not. It's boring and weird and dirty and a waste of time. I would not recommend it to anyone. Maybe I'll give it another shot someday...but probably not.

1 comment:

Kimberly Gochnour said...

I actually had the same experience. I tried to read it when I was in Ecuador and I am the same way I will finish a book even if it is very dull, but you are right it was kind of dirty and not interesting. I am kind of confused how it got such good reviews from friends.