Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Eve

This year Christmas Eve was with my family. We had planned to go sledding during the day, but it was too dang cold outside, so we opted to just hang out in the warm house instead. I taught my brother Zac how to wrap his presents, tried my hand at Halo (I'm still terrible), watched a little "Monk", etc. Nothing too exciting, but it was a good day! My mom always has the prettiest tree; she spends days and days decorating and getting everything ready and her house always looks great. This year she got her tree flocked with a blue-tinted flock to go with her blue decorations. It looked pretty cool.


My mom and Bryan made a yummy Christmas Eve dinner: salad, ham, potatoes, pie...YUM! Afterwards we got to open presents!


This year for gifts, we got my mom a couple of Richard Paul Evan's books for her collection and My Redeemer Lives, a really good book about the Savior's last days paired with pictures from various artists. I read it before I wrapped it up and now I want a copy for myself (birthday coming up, hint hint ;) We got Bryan a box of goodies from Hickory Farms.


Brandt and I were definitely spoiled this year. Everyone got a pair of PJ's and then all the married kids got portable DVD players. Every year we draw names amongst the kids and this year Brandt and I had Fran and Liz. We got them Have a little Faith and "Miss Congeniality" on DVD (that movie never gets old!). Sydney had Brandt this year and she got him "Remember the Titans" which he's been wanting for awhile now. Kim had me and I got Bath and Body Works lotion and shower gel.


The big family gift from Mom and Bryan this year was a new flat screen for the living room, which considering that the other TV was as old as the hills and couldn't pick up any stations anymore, it was a great gift! Bryan got the "Planet Earth" DVD set so we watched part of that after we got done with presents and Brandt had a great time imitating the British narrator and making everyone laugh.


All in all it was a great day. We enjoyed being with the fam, eating lots of good food, and opening presents!!! Can't wait for next year :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the Christmas Eve blog. Thanx for the compliment on my tree. The flocking was a little heavy this year so it was drooping a little disappointed but that is o.k. Was great seeing you and Brandt. Always makes for a good time. Love ya Mom

Halfords said...

Looks so fun. I'm sad we didn't get to see you guys while we were there. Hopefully next time.